Wednesday, September 08, 2004

A.P. (After Pax...)

>>Read "Pax, an instrument" -- for as long as you can remain interested. What characters can >>you identify? What is the "plot"?? What does the text add or take away from the project? >>What do you make of the title?

The idea behind PAX seems to be that, by clicking on the naked people floating up and down the screen, you get a sense of interaction with the story. By getting to pick WHO you click on, I'm guessing the author feels, you get a sense of command, maybe, over the tale... I don't know. Maybe I'm just lazy, but it's not my thing...

The characters... ugh, I really didn't CARE about the characters. I know a couple was having problems with a marriage... I just wasn't invested in any sense into these characters. (In fact, if you hadn't told us to click on them, I would have just turned it off after I saw the first few naked people float by and random letters occasionally spelled out a word or two.)

I don't know what the title meant. I'm not sure what "Pax" means. The "instrument" part is probably in reference to the fact that you USE these characters to tell the story... I don't really know. Maybe I just don't GET IT...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home