Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Patchwork Girl: Is it Frankenstein Regurgitated???

I plinked around a bit with Patchwork Girl tonight, two different sessions, and found myself, once again, in somewhat uncomfortable territory. Unlike Afternoon, there were many different screen in Patchwork Girl where you could not just hit and proceed to the next screen. In order to move on you had to pick a word and click your way to unknown territory.

I realize that there isn't SUPPOSED to be a "right way" to proceed through the story, but I can't help but think that I might enjoy this better if I could just flip through the pages in a book. The subject matter that I encountered was primarily of the "digging in the graveyard and people being brought back from the dead" variety. (A style that I am rather familiar with...) But, after a series of clicks I ended up back at the "contents" page... I don't know if this means I explored as far as I could go in the direction that I was going (random though that seemed to be to me) or if I somehow did it "WRONG," or that I "DIED" (as if it were a role-playing game) and had to start over.

Like I said, I wish this particular tale where printed as a book. I kind of liked what I read (and clicked on lots of words like "graveyard" and "squirm" and "Aquinas") but wonder if I'm missing STUFF because of my random clicking on words that I find interesting... Is there a STORY here that I'm supposed to find???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home